Friday, June 12, 2009

Two Great Things!

Two great things!

First, the surprise upstart in Iranian elections, Mirhossein Mousavi, may actually win! How 'bout that! I know very little about him, all I know is that Ahmadinejad sucks very, very hard. He's a tyrant, an ideologue, and a poopy-face.

I have felt very strongly about Iran ever since reading this article in Smithsonian. In short, Iran has been on the verge of embracing the ideals of freedom, tolerance, and democracy more than just about any Muslim state. One of the big reasons for it failing? The West keeps going in there and fucking around. And we wonder why they don't trust us.

Second thing!

Both popular and legal resistance to the prostitution bill has been building. Even if it passes, I'm glad that there are many people out there who don't fall for the absurd propaganda and moral grandstanding.

I have not been quiet in my support of the full legalization of prostitution. It's a matter of freedom, pure and simple. Women should have the freedom to have sex for whatever reason they choose. The state has no right to regulate their choices or their bodies.

No comments: