Monday, January 07, 2008

Up With Billary.

I have to admit, I'm sad to see Hillary Clinton's campaign failing. For two reasons, really. One, I don't think Obama is a guaranteed win over Romney or McCain. And two, Hillary is the only one I suspect is capable of repairing the immense damage caused by Bush.

Because, in the end, I don't want a politician, or even really a great president. I just want a problem solver. Someone who sweeps in and patches up all the holes. And boy howdy, are there a lot of holes. Clinton was right, for that goal, experience is not only good, it's necessary.

Ah well. The world will go on, things will get better. Politicians don't do much. And in a sense, I'm not surprised. Sexism runs deeper than racism in this country. And PC-edness aside, you can bet that had something to do with it. The gang-bang on Hillary involved more than just her lead.

Also, it doesn't really matter if she loses. I guarantee she will be our first female president. The times they are'a changin'.

No comments: