Thursday, January 10, 2008

Up With Billary! Pt. II

Well by now people in Guam are aware that Hillary Clinton won the New Hampshire primary. I must say I'm glad. Like I said, she's the best bet as a problem solver, in my opinion. She also has Bill, who is probably the greatest asset a First Spouse has ever been. I've been reading that Bill has polarized himself a bit more than he should have with some negative comments about Barack Obama. I feel that Clinton's remarks were well-founded, though. I also think Bill Bradley, who has endorsed Obama, said it best here, "There is a difference between a leader and a manager. He's a leader. He has a vision."

Bradley is very right. There is a difference between a leader and a manager. Sadly, we are not in a position to have a leader. We need a manager, and to be a manager requires experience that Obama just doesn't have. He may come across as the better leader, but we have problems that need solving, many of which were caused by the "leadership" of the previous administration.

I also won't deny that Obama is much more photogenic than Hillary, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I find many of plans big on ideals but lacking in direction and reality. Not that that's totally a bad thing, most of the other candidates had similar holes, but Hillary's actual position and plans snuck through, accidentally, when she commended New Yorks incipient immigrant driving license plan. She has actual plans, which was unfortunate for her because she was immediately attacked for the plans.

And for personal reasons, I don't like Obama because of his religion. He's WAY too much of a Bible-thumper for me. I've mentioned this before, but I don't want a President who revels in his religion. We had some really bad experiences with our previous "heaven-sent" president, and I sure as hell don't want another. I've got nothing against religion, per se, but when a candidate repeats how religion had some grand effect on his life, that turns me off. Religion is illogical, spiritual, and un-empirical. None of those things belong, in any form, in the political sphere. And someone so affected could never separate them, no matter their intentions.

No comments: