Monday, March 23, 2009

RROD is the new BSOD

I am apparently the luckiest person in the world.

Just to let you know, I'm a raging geek. Not a nerd. That's a different species that implies I was good in school. No. I'm the other kind of social outcast that was terrible in school but could program in C++ in eighth grade.

As such, I bought an Xbox 360. I pre-ordered the sucker some six months before it came out. That means that I got one of the very first systems off the line. I have never had any problems save for a game freezing now and then. That's it. The system has been the very definition of bulletproof for the past three years.

I've had my fair share of problems, usually ideologically, with my sist... whoa, Freudian typo, SYSTem. Nothing hardware. SOooo, yeah. Good show, Microsoft.

Is "E74" the Xbox 360's new Red Ring of Death? (Yahoo! Games)

UPDATE 7/30/2009: I ran out of luck. My Xbox RRODed a couple of months ago. I sent it in and Microsoft duly replaced it. I'm very happy with my service. It has been running fine ever since.

No comments: