Saturday, August 05, 2006

You Ain't Gunn' Take My God!

The recent upheavals involving evolution, something I really thought we had all agreed on, like, 80 years ago, had my stomach in a knot. I couldn't believe this was being discussed. Even worse, I couldn't believe these ideas were being taken seriously.

I'm not being dismissive. I'm not saying I espouse a certain way of thinking only to disregard it when I see fit. It's just that this evolution/creationism thing has already been discussed. We have gone through the critical thinking, the analysis of data, and all that good schtuff. The arguments have all been made. I can safely dismiss creationism because all the research to back that position up has already been done.

So when these zealots, these, these loonies actually make progress on something that's been known to be false for nearly a century, I not only get irritated, but scared. So when stuff like this happens, it soothes my very core to know that this "moral majority" is, has been, and hopefully always will be, a very vocal minority.

Evolution Opponents Lose in Kansas Primary (Via LiveScience.com)

No comments: