Saturday, July 11, 2009

Whatevs

I just discovered a new blog. It's called Jezebel and I have no idea how I didn't know about it before. It's run by Gawker media, the same company that runs Gizmodo, Jalopnik, io9, Lifehacker, and seemingly every other blog I read, so I don't know where I was.

It's a fantastic example of what I see as true feminism. Doing whatever the fuck you want and feeling good about it. Girl power. They're not my ideal feminist state, which requires non-self-awareness. If you are aware of your state of being liberated, then you aren't perfectly liberated, since your thoughts and perceptions are colored by an antagonistic environment. My ideal is a woman who does whatever she wants, loves it, and doesn't realize that it's special.

http://www.jezebel.com

No comments: